Lime Glazed SalmonGrill up nutrient packed salmon for your brain health. This recipe from Dr. Marwan Sabbagh, MD, Director of Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health helps you achieve your goal of getting the fats you and your brain need: omega 3-fatty acids. Include fish on your dish at least twice a week.
Lime Glazed Salmon
- 1 c. dark molasses not blackstrap
- ¼ c. mustard Dijon
- 4 limes juiced
- 8 tsp of extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 4 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 4 6 owild caught salmon filets (no skin
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Heat gas grill or grill style non-stick fry pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the molasses, mustard, lime juice, 4 teaspoons of the olive oil and ginger until combined.
- Lightly brush salmon fillets with remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay fillets on grill or grill pan for about 2 minutes.
- Flip the fish fillets and move to cooler area of the grill or lower heat for grill pan.
- Brush the fillets with glaze, cover and cook for about 2 minutes until glaze caramelizes.
- Transfer to serving platter and serve immediately.