Change it up! You can alter your routine dinner menu with your skillet and a plate of pancakes. Our savory chickpea and spinach pancakes provide brain health nutrients plus a fun dinner diversion. Pair them with a leafy green salad and a side of blueberries and you’ve got yourself a quick and easy meal for brain health.
- ¾ cup chickpea or garbanzo bean flour
- ¾ cup water
- 6 tsps extra virgin olive oil divided
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh baby spinach
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- ½ cup fat free Greek yogurt
- ½ cup cucumber thinly sliced
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Using a whisk or fork, mix together the chickpea flour, water, 2 tsp of olive oil, cumin and salt.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tsps of olive oil over medium heat. Using half of the batter, make 4 small pancakes, cook for about 5 minutes and flip the pancakes to cook the other side for about 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining oil and batter.
- Top pancakes with yogurt and garnish with cucumber, scallions, dill and pepper.