Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies
Who doesn’t love warm, chocolate chip cookies? Probably your waistline. You can keep your tastebuds and body happy with this healthier recipe. We threw in a few tricks to treat your brain to nutrients it loves: chickpeas, almond butter, and dark chocolate. Give them a try!
1 can chickpeas, drained
½ c of almond butter
¼ c of honey
2 tsp vanilla
⅛ tsp salt (optional)
⅛ tsp baking powder
½ c of dark chocolate chips (at least 60% cacao)
Make, Bake, Eat! Repeat!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place chickpeas, almond butter, honey, vanilla, salt and baking powder in a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth.
- Place dough mixture in a bowl and fold-in chocolate chips.
- Use a tablespoon of dough per cookie.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes.
For more recipes for brain health visit https://healthybrains.org/recipes/.
Recipe adapted from our Cleveland Clinic Health Essentials team. For nutritional information please visit: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/recipe-flourless-chocolate-chip-cookies-with-a-secret-ingredient/