August 29, 2016
Blending up Brain Health: Red Raspberry Smoothie Recipe
Just because summer is almost over doesn’t mean your love for brain healthy smoothies should end too! You can enjoy this quick and easy recipe year round. Berries are nutrient superstars packed with antioxidants that can potentially slow aging in the brain. Nuts and seeds always make great recipe add-ins for brain and heart health.
Keep eating smart and re-check your Brain Health Index at HealthyBrains.org.
For this smoothie recipe, you will need:
- 1 ¼ cups unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate powder (or substitute 3 strawberries)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and start to blend on low speed, gradually increasing to high speed.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
Each 2-cup serving contains: calories 430, fat 31 g, saturated fat 2g, cholesterol 0mg, fiber 15g, protein 13g, carbohydrates 31g, sodium 320mg
From the book, Eat Fat, Get Thin, by Mark Hyman, MD