Summertime is not the season for long hours in a hot kitchen. This cold, plant-based black bean dip uses inexpensive ingredients and requires no cooking. Chop, mix, chill and serve. Repeat. Double the recipe to share with friends and family at your next pool party, barbecue or potluck. Socializing and eating vegetables are good for brain health!
Black Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 Can black beans low sodium/no added salt, drained and rinsed
- 1 Can Corn no added salt, drained and rinsed
- ½ onion diced
- ½ bell pepper diced
- 1 medium tomato diced
- ⅓ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 lemons juiced
- ¼ cup fresh (or ½ tsp driecilantro
- In a bowl, mix together black beans, corn, onion, bell pepper and tomato.
- Pour olive oil & lemon juice on top and mix well.
- Sprinkle cilantro leaves on top.
- Chill for 30 minutes and enjoy!