Turkey Stew with Veggies
Feeling stuffed? Try this healthier heart and brain option with your leftover turkey.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 lbs Turkey cut into small pieces
- 3 tbsp All purpose Flour
- 5 small Red Potatoes quartered
- 1 Zucchini cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Red pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Green pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup Carrots thinly sliced
- 1 Onion chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 cup Fresh flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1 cup gluten-free chicken broth
- 1 cup skim or 1% milk
Place turkey pieces and flour in a plastic bag and shake to coat.
Put turkey, oil, potatoes, zucchini, peppers, carrots, onion, garlic, thyme and black pepper in a large casserole.
Bake in a 400˚F oven uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring 1 to 2 times.
Add broth and milk and cook covered for another 10 to 15 minutes or until turkey and vegetables are tender. Stir in finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley and serve