June 2, 2016
Twitter Chat: #3pHealthyAging with Caesars Entertainment
Join TriplePundit and experts from Caesars Entertainment, Second Wind Dreams, Meals on Wheels America, and Cleveland Clinic on Wednesday, June 22nd at 9am PT / 12pm ET at #3pHealthyAging. We’ll discuss what it’s like to be a senior today, how to keep our brains healthy throughout our lives, and how research is advancing our understanding of the aging process. Is Your Brain Healthy? There’s an app for that!
We are a culture of youth, and yet we all get older. What’s it like to age in America? What’s the best way to take care of our bodies and brains? Alzheimer’s is the 6th leading cause of death in America, taking the lives of more seniors than breast and prostate cancer combined. While the causes of dementia and Alzheimer’s are still not fully understood, we do know that there is preventative care available to everyone, old and young.
Caesars Entertainment and its non-profit Foundation are dedicated to helping older individuals live independently, maintain optimal health and proper nutrition, avoid social isolation, and enjoy mental and physical vitality through every stage of the aging process. Caesars also brings together stakeholders to conduct research and create broader awareness of social issues through its gifts, grants and donations.
In the #3pHealthyAging Twitter chat, we will bring together a panel of experts who are dedicated to the health and well-being of our aging population. We will focus on the following topics, and more:
- Caesars Entertainment’s commitment to the aging population as brought to life through long term relationships with partners at the Cleveland Clinic, Second Wind Dreams, and Meals on Wheels America.
- Cleveland Clinic’s six pillars of brain health – and the steps that can be taken at any age to keep the brain healthy.
- The importance of proper nutrition and social interaction for seniors.
- How technology is helping advance our understanding of brain health, for example the Virtual Dementia Tour®, the only patented dementia educational program, created by the founder of Second Wind Dreams®, P.K. Beville, that is scientifically proven to build sensitivity and awareness in individuals caring for those with dementia.
Bring your questions for our guests, and they’ll answer as many as they can during the chat
- Gwen Migita (@CitizenCaesars) – VP Sustainability & Corporate Citizenship, Caesars Entertainment
- PK Beville (@SecondWindDream) – Founder & President, Second Wind Dreams
- Ucheoma Akobundu, PhD, RD (@_mealsonwheels) – Director of Research and Impact, Meals on Wheels America, Meals on Wheels America
- Dr. Kate Zhong (@LouRuvoCenter) – Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health