Carving a pumpkin with your family or friends? Don’t throw away the seeds. Instead, wash, dry and roast them with flavorful and brain-healthy spices. A nutrition-packed treat for all ghouls, ghosts and goblins to share.
- Wash and dry pumpkin seeds.
- Toss with small amount of olive oil to coat.
- Season with spice mixes.
- Roast in oven at 250 degrees F for about an 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Spice Mix Ideas:
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, brown sugar
- Turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, honey, salt & pepper
- Chili powder, cayenne, lime zest, salt and pepper
- Garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, oregano, salt & pepper
- Cajun seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar
- Dark cocoa powder, cinnamon, raw sugar
- Orange zest, soy sauce, ginger, honey
Recipe adapted from our Health Essentials team and the Cleveland Clinic Pumpkin Seeds: 7 Ways Infographic