- Este evento ha pasado.
Candid Conversations about Clinical Research
November 19, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm PST
Join Cleveland Clinic Nevada researchers and research participants — our “citizen scientists” — online for a lively, interactive conversation about clinical research: What is it, what happens in a clinical trial, optimism and results in research.
80 research studies since Cleveland Clinic Nevada opened in 2009 and still no answers? Are you sure about that?
Because across the country today, patients are currently being prescribed drug treatments that were FDA approved following studies at our facility.
Join us ONLINE to hear our physician and layperson experts discuss these questions and more:
- What is a clinical trial?
- What scientific breakthroughs have been made possible because of clinical trial participants?
- Why is it imperative to study the diverse populations of brains in our community?
- All clinical trials have some risk. How do researchers make efforts to minimize risk?
- If an individual receives the placebo, what’s the point of participating?
- What barriers have kept you from participating: Lack of information? Fear of the unknown? Didn’t know you could participate in research if you’re not “sick”?
This is your chance to get your questions answered — or stump our experts trying!
Help us remember Celeste Folmar, impassioned advocate for reducing health disparities and the spirit behind Las Vegas’ Community Partners for Better Health.
Citizen Scientists Wanted
Join our ranks. Cleveland Clinic Nevada is always in search of citizen scientists – both those with brain disorders as well as healthy volunteers – to complete a variety of research studies to advance new treatments and diagnostic approaches for individuals with:
- Alzheimer’s, Lewy Body and other dementias
- Parkinson’s, Huntington’s and other movement disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
Thursday, November 19
6:00 –7:30 p.m. Pacific Time