GeneMatch Event – March 6, 2018
Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health invites you to attend a community presentation and registration event to learn more about Alzheimer’s disease prevention studies and a new program called GeneMatch.
Good News in Alzheimer’s Research: Genes and Alzheimer’s
March 6, 2018
Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health
4th Floor Conference Room
888 West Bonneville Avenue
Las Vegas NV 89106
Please RSVP to: Kat Hartley firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-331-7042
- If you’re between the ages of 55 and 75 and HAVEN’T been diagnosed with cognitive impairment, we invite you to join GeneMatch today by attending an event at the Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health.
Can’t attend an event? Visit the GeneMatch Website.
- If you’re not eligible yourself, please ask friends and family to participate! You can still support the scientists even if you can’t join GeneMatch yourself. Just forward this to people who might be able to take part.
- GeneMatch will connect you with Alzheimer’s research studies based on your unique genetic profile. You will be provided with a simple test kit to determine which copies of a gene (known as the APOE gene) you have – all you have to do is swab your cheek and send the sample back in the postage-paid envelope.
- GeneMatch will keep your information safe, secret and secure. Your genetic profile will be used to match you with studies and email you when they have a good fit. You will NOT learn your genetic results as a part of GeneMatch.
- You review your study opportunities and decide which ones to pursue. Some of these studies might ask you to learn your genetic results, others may not. Whether you choose to participate in a study is entirely up to you.
Please help support the science. Register for an event at Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health and share this information with friends and family who may be interested in becoming part of the fight to end Alzheimer’s.