Dark chocolate contains strong antioxidants called flavonoids which potentially improve blood flow to the brain and reduce inflammation. Unsweetened cocoa powder offers the greatest benefit, followed by dark chocolate with at least 72% cocoa solids. Both of these brain health boosters are used in this velvety dessert recipe. So, taste buds and brain cells prepare to delight!
- 6 oz. silken tofu
- ½ tsp cocoa powder
- 3 oz. 72% or higher dark chocolate
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- sliced almonds
- mint leaves
- Place chocolate squares in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in microwave on low power.
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe adapted from our Cleveland Clinic Health Essentials Team: