Linguine with Mushrooms and Vegetables
Make it simple. Make it good for your brain. Counter your holiday eating with a forkful of colorful vegetables, mushrooms and whole-wheat pasta.
- 8 oz of whole wheat linguine
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
- 3/4 cup bite-size Broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms or 2 portobello mushrooms, gills removed and sliced
- 3 tbsp dry red wine
- 28 oz can no-salt diced tomatoes, drained
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup chopped basil
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: red pepper flakes, Italian herbs
- Cook pasta according to package.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet.
Saute the garlic, broccoli and mushrooms. Cook on high heat for 2 minutes, stirring mixture. Reduce the heat to low and add the wine, tomatoes, and salt.
- Divide pasta on 4 plates and top with sauce. Garnish with parmesan and spices.
Still need something sweet? Consider our Dark Chocolate Minty Mousse recipe for dessert: https://healthybrains.org/dark-chocolate-minty-mousse/.
Recipe adapted from Cleveland Clinic Health Essentials Team: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/recipe-linguine-with-spicy-broccoli-and-portobello-mushrooms/